Rank Math is a WordPress plugin that makes it easy to optimize the content of your website, thanks to all kinds of features: management of schemas, sitemaps and redirects, SEO optimization of images, integration of Google Analytics and social media, and many suggestions are offered in real time in your article editor.
These suggestions are of course based on SEO best practices, and are updated regularly with a simple update of the WordPress plugin.
It is thus possible to very easily customize the most important SEO parameters, to control which pages will be indexed by Google and Bing, to configure the way our website will appear in search engines, and to manage keywords.
Rank Math also offers a blog very interesting to find all kinds of advice, as well as a SEO analysis tool of your WordPress site. To take advantage of this tool, you just have to enter your website address, no registration is required.
Rank Math defines itself as “the Swiss army knife of WordPress SEO”. We will see if this comparison is spoofed or not.
Install Rank Math
- The pro version and the free version
For those who would simply like to test the plugin, it is also available in a free version, with a few fewer features compared to the paid version.
In fact, Rank Math previously only offered a free version, then added three paid versions: “Pro”, “Business” and “Agency” versions, offered at a very reasonable price, especially considering the number of features offered.
If you choose a paid plan, you should also install the free version.
- Three installation modes
When you install the plugin for the first time, you will be offered the automatic installation so that the essential parameters are configured as quickly as possible. However, you can very well choose to configure the settings manually, or even configure them later, after the installation is complete, by going to: WordPress Settings> Rank Math> Dashboard> Configuration Assistant tab.
Three installation modes are available: “Easy” mode, “Advanced” mode, and finally “Custom Mode” which allows you to import / export your settings between different websites, thus avoiding having to perform the same adjustments several times in a row.
If you want to migrate from another SEO plugin, such as Yoast SEO, don’t delete it just yet: once you install the Rank Math plugin, it will automatically detect which SEO plugin you are using. already and will help you import all your SEO settings easily.
The interface is available in several languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Hungarian, Indonesian, Persian, Polish and Russian.
In case of difficulty, support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Rank Math Features
Rank Math Analytics: the SEO performance dashboard
You will be able to display the search traffic of all the content of your website, the total number of impressions, the total number of clicks on the keywords, the average click-through rate, the average position of all the words – keys whose content ranks in the top 100 searches.
The dashboard also shows you a brief overview of how your keywords are going: the most winning and the most losing keywords.
You can also consult a more detailed report, which analyzes the SEO performance of each article and each page of your WordPress site: impressions, clicks, position, as well as the history of positions for your content (winning and losing keywords as well as any keywords you added to the ranking tracker).
Connection with Google Analytics
Rank Math Analytics pulls data from Google Analytics and Google Search Console to bring you the most accurate rank tracking data right to your dashboard.
Integration in Elementor, Classic Editor and Gutenberg Editor:
Using SEO plugins alongside Elementor has long been difficult, if not impossible. Since publisher Elementor takes us to a separate page for editing blog posts or pages on our website, it was not possible to get real-time SEO updates on the content we were writing. Thanks to the Rank Math plugin ( Free or Pro ), we can get SEO suggestions, edit the meta-snippet, and configure schema markup right in the edit screen.
It is thus possible to take into account very clearly SEO parameters when writing each blog article or for each page: keyword already used or not, paragraphs too long, number of words in your blog article, …
You then get a score out of 100 which indicates the SEO quality of your article according to criteria defined in advance.
WooCommerce is fully compatible with Rank Math, so you combine the selling powers of WooCommerce with the SEO powers of Rank Math. This integration is done in the free version as well as in the paid version.
Schematics Are Added Automatically: Rank Math takes schema data from your product pages, as well as product reviews left by buyers, and turns it into schema-ready content.
Another very interesting option that will save you time: you can very simply remove categories and products from your permalinks.
Finally, in case you are selling your products under your own brand, it will now be very easy to configure your brand name to appear in structured data: this configuration is done when changing the schema markup to all the products in your store or for a particular product, thus avoiding the appearance of missing field warnings when you test pages on your website with Google’s rich results test tool.
Indexing module by Google and Bing
Recently, Rank Math allows instant indexing of our content by Bing. The procedure is as follows:
- 1 Check your website on Bing Webmaster Tools
- 2 Activate the instant indexing API module
- 3 Configure your site’s instant indexing settings
- 4 Enter your API key that you get from BING.
An API, Application Programming Interface, allows two applications to communicate with each other. This key allows the API to identify you.
Whenever you publish a new post or update an existing post, the URL will automatically be sent to Bing based on your selected settings. This module allows up to 10 submissions per day, which is more than enough.
Schemas: generation, models, import and validation
The Schema Generator provides additional information about your website to search engines and your users. With Rank Math, including structured data in posts is just a few clicks away.
Different types of schemas are supported and a default category can also be set in the settings.
You can create schema templates and insert them into posts with just one click. Add properties and property groups and put it all together with just a few clicks.
You also have the option of importing schema markup from any page, article, or URL of your own website or even any other site.
You can easily check your schema markup against Google’s Rich Results Validator right in your dashboard.
Redirection of 404 pages with a single click
Whether it’s from Rank Math’s built-in 404 monitor or when you land on a 404 page while browsing your own website, implementing a redirect can be done with a single click.
The other redirects
Rank Math defines itself as “the most sophisticated” and “the most comprehensive redirect manager ever for WordPress”.
It must be said that this module has a simple and intuitive interface: it is quite possible to create redirects in a few clicks. This module also has two advantages: first, it is light and optimized for speed. And this module also benefits from a secure code.
- 301 Persistent Move: Use 301 Persistent Redirection support to redirect old URLs to new URLs permanently,
- Temporary move 302: you want to create a temporary redirect instead? The redirect manager fully supports 302 temporary move redirect,
- 307 Temporary Redirection: The Redirection Manager also supports the lesser known, but very useful 307 Temporary Redirection, which is the successor to the 302 Temporary Redirection,
- 410 Redirection Deleted Content: Use the 410 deleted content redirect type to notify users and search engines about content that you have removed from your website,
- 451 redirect Content unavailable for legal reasons: you cannot view the content in certain countries or for legal reasons? Use the 451 redirect type to provide accurate information to the user.
Rank Math has also provided all kinds of options in addition to these redirects:
- “Exact match” (to redirect exact URLs to the destination URLs of your choice),
- “Contains a particular string” (to redirect any URL containing a string to a new URL),
- “Begins with a particular string” (to redirect all URLs starting with a specific string to a new URL),
- “Ends with a specific string” (to redirect all URLs ending with a specific string to a new URL),
- Support for Regex (Regular Expressions),
- Export to a .htaccess file to ensure compatibility with Apache servers,
- Export to the Nginx configuration file,
- Option Debug, to understand and debug each of the redirects you created with the plugin.
XML sitemaps help search engines find and index your site’s content. Rank Math automatically generates search engine compatible XML sitemaps for your website. Sitemaps are fully customizable, and you can set what’s included and what isn’t.
For that, Rank Math First, automatically creates different maps of your website for articles, pages, videos, etc. Then these individual sitemaps are combined into a single sitemap index. The advantage is that you only need to submit a single sitemap index link, which will automatically update when you change your site structure and content.
Social media integration
- Facebook “Open Graph”:
No more need to use all kinds of plugins to make “Open Graph” tags work: the built-in support automatically configures the appropriate tags for every post you write. Rank Math even clears the cache on Facebook when someone updates a post with a different image.
- Possibility to add a watermark to images shared from your website on social networks.
- Creating a default share image:
Optimizing every element of your website for sharing takes a long time. The Default Share Image feature allows you to set a default share image that is used when content is shared from your site.
- Add icon on your thumbnails for Facebook and Twitter posts:
Attractive thumbnails can increase your click-through rate on social media. Rank Math goes above and beyond other plugins and automatically overlays a play button or custom GIF icon to skyrocket your clicks.
- Facebook authorship:
Be known or recognized when your content is shared on Facebook: Rank Math adds the necessary meta tags to all your posts so that every post shared on Facebook bears your name.
- Integration of social media accounts: This will give you your social profiles listed directly in the SERPs. Rank Math can add relevant meta tags for multiple social networks and search engines to your website.
Image referencing, thanks to the “Image SEO” module
Image SEO is a powerful but often overlooked technique for driving traffic. Google’s algorithms use the alt text of images as well as the content of the page to understand the subject of the image.
Rank Math puts image referencing on autopilot by automatically adding “Alt” and “Title” attributes to all your images. Rank Math doesn’t even edit your posts to achieve this. Tags are added on the fly when the message is viewed by the user. You can of course add the alt text manually, as well as the title and caption of the image.
The Local SEO module
The plugin brings you even more traffic thanks to its local SEO support. Simply describe your business details, and the appropriate metadata will be added to your website, improving your site’s ranking in search engines.
From this section, you can link your WordPress site to the most used search engine webmaster tools:
- Google Search Console,
- Bing tools for webmasters,
- Baidu Webmaster Tools,
- Alexa verification ID,
- Yandex verification ID,
- Pinterest verification ID,
- Norton Safe Web Verification ID.
Monitoring the display speed of each article or page of your website
The plugin shows the PageSpeed score as well as the loading time of all your URLs directly in your WordPress dashboard.
How to SEO for multiple languages?
No matter what language your site is in, Rank Math is designed to help you rank your site on Google. But if you want to do SEO in multiple languages, you will need the help of another plugin to make your site multilingual.
For my part, I use the extension WPML .
Whether you are a newbie blogger or an SEO expert, Rank Math can definitely help you improve your SEO.
Is the Rank Math plugin really popular?
- Rank Math has 1,200,000 satisfied customers!
Can the Rank Math plugin reference multiple locations of my business?
- If your business has multiple locations and you want to rank them all with locally searched keywords, the Multi-Location Local SEO feature is the one for you!
Is the Rank Math plugin fully compatible with Elementor and the Divi Builder?
- The answer is yes !
Is the Rank Math plugin fully compatible with the WPML plugin (the multilingual plugin for WordPress)?
- The answer is yes !
Can I use the Rank Math plugin on multiple websites?
- You can use the “PRO” version on an unlimited number of websites, provided that these are your personal sites. You can use the “Business” version on 100 client or personal websites.
Is the Rank Math plugin better than Yoast?
- Rank Math offers the features that are not available in any other SEO plugin. You can check out a detailed comparison of the two plugins here .
Do I need a license key?
- You don’t need a license key: once you install the plugin, you will be asked to connect your website to rankmath.com. That’s all !
What means of payment do you accept?
- We accept PayPal, credit/debit cards and Amazon Pay service.
How many keywords can be tracked?
- With the “PRO” plan, you can track 500 keywords. The “Business” plan lets you track 10,000 keywords.
How does “Rank Tracker” work?
- “Analytics” data as well as “Rank Tracker” and “Keyword Tracker” are pulled from your Google Search Console via the Google API.
What is the difference between the “PRO” and “Business” plans?
- Please see this page for more details.
Can I upgrade to the “Business” plan after purchasing the “PRO” plan?
- Yes, you just have to pay the price difference between these two plans.
What is your refund policy ?
- We offer a 30 day no questions asked refund policy.
Is Rank Math SEO free?
- There is a free version available.
Is rank Math any good?
- Rank Math is definitely a good alternative to Yoast. It’s a handy tool for your on page optimization, content analysis, redirections, …
Does rank Math work with WooCommerce?
- Rank Math’s WooCommerce integration automatically pulls the product data that has been entered in the WooCommerce Product created in the WordPress admin area.
What is “Image SEO”?
- This feature can automatically inserts alt and title tags to your images to bring more traffic from search engines.
What is the “Schema Markup” ?
- “Schema Markup” is a powerful tool to enhance your content visibility: it helps search engines learn more about your content type.
Click here to visit Rank Math Website and optimize your WordPress website (30-days money-back guarantee).